The Milwaukee Blaze is a youth hockey program serving families who reside in Milwaukee, New Berlin, West Allis and West Milwaukee. The Milwaukee Blaze is operated by the Milwaukee Area Youth Hockey Association, a 501c3 non-profit organization. Our home rink is at the Pettit National Ice Center just off of Interstate 94 in West Allis. Here are some interesting facts about the Milwaukee Blaze:
1. We are one of only two youth hockey program in the Milwaukee area providing hockey opportunities from mini-mites through high school. Kids can play for the Blaze from the time they start kindergarten through graduation from high school.
2. Our program has grown over 50% in the past five years.
3. We are one of only two programs in the area that has two sheets of ice under one roof at our home rink. All practices and home games are conveniently located at the Pettit Center.
4. Traditionally all of our teams play in the WAHA state tournament.
5. Our teams play against Division 1, 2, 3, and 4 opponents at A, B and C levels throughout the season.
6. The focus is on skill development, fun, and equal opportunity ice time regardless of talent.
If you are interested in getting your child involved in youth hockey, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to get started. if you are a current Milwaukee Blaze player, family member, or fan, feel free to use the site to keep current on association news, schedules, and more.
Milwaukee Blaze invites boys and girls ages four to nine years old to the Pettit Center for a Try Hockey for Free clinic to experience ice hockey for the first time in a fun, safe environment. Our coaches will be on the ice to assist your child in learning the basics. No previous skating or hockey experience is needed. Just come out and have fun! Skates and sticks are provided at no cost to participants. Players should bring a helmet and winter clothes (jacket, snow pants, gloves, etc.).
There will be three summer events:
Saturday, June 12th from 12:15-1:45 pm
Sunday, July 25th @ 1:30pm-3pm
Saturday, August 21st @ 4pm-5:30pm
The Milwaukee Blaze is now accepting registrations for all youth ages 6 through 14 for the 2021/22 hockey season. We field teams from the Mite level all the way through Bantam.
Only skaters who live within the Milwaukee Blaze territory may register to skate with us.
If you are interested in skating with the Milwaukee Blaze, please send an email to email@example.com with your address, so we can determine if you live within our territory.
Players need to be registered with USA Hockey to participate. Questions? Email us - firstname.lastname@example.org
2013 / 2014 / 2015
Dates in July, all at 5:30pm at the Pettit Ice Center
6, 11, 14, 18, 21, 25 and 28
This camp is designed for both boys and girls (ages 5 to 8) who have participated in at least one season of mite hockey (or competitive in house team) that are looking to improve their fundamental skills so they are ready to move to a White or Red team next season. Drills will focus on skating with the puck, passing, shooting, and spacing in a variety of formats including scrimmages. If there is interest dryland prior to ice will be added. The camp will be limited to 30 players and have a coach to player ratio of 4:1.
Head Coach Dan Raatz, MAYHA Hockey Director
Looking for gear because your skater has grown? It happens to all of us!
Check out the Milwaukee Blaze merchandise/gear page. It's a great place to see if anyone has what you need.
Not a Milwaukee Blaze hockey family? No problem! Please feel free to see what's available and contact the seller.